About Girouard's General Store
Girouard’s General Store was established in 1924 by Sagness Girouard, Sr.
Initially built as a grocery store, Girouard’s has withstood a transitioning economy to continue serving as a go-to location to serve the varying needs of a growing community. The store even withstood the Great Depression, and in 1948, Sagness Girouard, Sr. handed the family business to his sons.
Girouard’s General Store would continue to grow. The store transitioned from a credit-only local store to a cash-only business in a growing city. And in 1980, it became the only store in the United States certified as a Chart Agent.
Four generations later, Girouard’s General Store is a thriving business in the Brazosport Area. As a certified Chart Agent, the store continues to serve as a valuable resource to the fishing and offshore communities. In addition to stocking arguably the most varied selection of general goods, Girouard’s is known to have the largest supply of plumbing materials in the Gulf Coast.